|Assignment||Provided Material||Due Date||Points|
|4 Credit Hour Assignment||May 15, 2019 @ 11:59 PM|
|MP1: The Room||Skybox + Materials||Feb. 12, 2020 @ 11:59 PM||150|
|VR Critic||Oculus Best Practices Guide||Feb. 19, 2020 @ 11:59 PM||100|
|MP2: Geometric Transformations||MP2 Unity package||Mar. 1, 2020, @ 11:59 PM||100|
|MP3: Perception in VR||MP3 Unity Package||Mar. 27, 2019, @ 11:59 PM||100|
|MP4: Flight Simulator||MP4 Unity Package||Apr. 15, 2020 @ 11:59 PM||150|
The lab computers are Falcon Northwest PCs with dual 27-inch monitors, NVidia GeForce Titan Black or 1080 graphics cards, Windows 10, Visual Studio, and standard EWS-provided software. Each computer has an Oculus Rift CV1 (donated by Oculus/Facebook), an XBox controller, and two Touch Controllers.
Unfortunately, we have only 20 workstations and over 200 students. Therefore, you should start early on assignments and work in the lab during less popular times. Unless announced otherwise, the lab is available 24/7.
We will grade your work in the lab. Therefore, if you work outside the lab, you should still test and experience your work at least once on the lab computers. The lab machines currently use Unity version 2019.2.19, which you can download from the Unity Downloads Archive. You should use that version to avoid unexpected compatibility issues.
- You must work in pairs on all assignments. We recommend the Piazza team search function, or chats with your lecture neighbors.
- You may submit an assignment up to two days late, but you will lose 20% of the total points for that assignment.
- If we have to modify your submission to run it, you will lose 20% of the total points for that assignment. If we cannot get your submission to run at all, you will receive no credit.
To submit a regrade request:
- Create a private Piazza post with the
- Include a brief explanation of why you think your grade is incorrect.
- You must submit regrade requests within one week after we release grades on a given assignment.
- The course staff will regrade MPs.
- Include NetIDs for both you and your partner.
- Major issues (e.g. a submission issue resulted in a zero) have priority over minor issues (e.g. lost points on one small feature of the MP).
- We may not regrade your work until after all MPs have finished.
- The course instructor will regrade exams.
- Include a brief description of the question.
You should be familiar with the Student Code definitions on academic integrity. We expect you to abide by them.